This is absolutely shameful that Vidanta refuses to recognize my legitimate complaint and forces me to make public my grievance. If I was the party that was being untruthful then they would have a legitimate complaint that what we are doing is extortion. I stand by my story.

These are excerpts from previous posts with Karen Rose Vidanta's PR person:

"as stated in your contract, remember the company makes no representations regarding the market for vacation ownership rentals or resale, nor recommends buying this product for rentals, resale or investment".

"we look forward to helping you both within the legal boundaries of your memberships with us and we remain at their service".

My response:

Ms. Rose, I don't dispute that your contract covers what you state. What I am disputing is how the contract was achieved, something that I've stated in each of my posting but something you refuse or can't address without admitting culpability.

Fraud: If one person knowingly made a material misrepresentation that the other person reasonably relied upon, and disadvantaged the other person. A material misrepresentation is an important untruth. The contract may be set aside on the grounds of fraud. Fraud requires an outright lie, or substantial failure to state a material fact about an important part of the contract. Fraud will invalidate a contract. Thus we contend the contract you mention is invalid.

You refer to legal boundaries, does Vida consider pitching rent and resale to prospective members within legal boundaries knowing it’s a benefit that will NEVER be achieved? If I understand you correctly you're saying that Vida sales reps can misrepresent your product to unsuspecting clients tell them whatever is needed to achieve the sale, and Vida policy is that this practice is within legal bounds and Vida will support this duplicitous way of selling. Due to the facts I’ve presented this is the only conclusion one can draw. It’s worth mentioning, this contract has never been used. Although the contract says it’s not to be purchased for investment, the sales team made repeated assurances that rental income and the resale of the Shell property was not going to be a problem.

Yes, I am guilty of believing the Vida sales team. And Vida’s position Ms. Rose, is that was a mistake on my part? This entire contract was achieved via lies and deception. Please address why you allow such deceptive sales practices and then blame the unsuspecting consumer for believing what they were told by sales reps representing Vida Vacations.

Resort Rentals Mexico was on the list of brokers that came so highly touted by Vida sales, this link will demonstrate my point that I was scammed:http://insidethegate.com/gatehouse/2014/12/virginia-usa-timeshare-news-december-6-2014/

Ms. Rose we urge you to reconsider your position.

Elvira

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

Acton, Massachusetts, United States #925426

Wow they actually locked up one of the brokers. I remember this guy coming to our morning meetings at the Playa resort.

He would take out ads in golf magazines that we would use as part of the golf/rental pitch. I wonder if the other brokers are worried, they all pretty much did the same thing.

Oxford, Ohio, United States #924288

My husband and I are in the same "boat of lies and deception." Did you ever hear back from Vida's member services? Is there any thing the 109 of us who are "pissed off" can get any type of redemption? We are in our second year of this ten year contract, and we want OUT now!

to Anonymous #924574

baybud320@yahoo.com

Yes, the Mayan doesn't like when we contact their partners....they sent a lawyer after us. As long as we're truthful and can provide evidence it's free speech.

...not defamation.

Reach out to us maybe in unity we can encourage the Mayan to take responsibility for their duplicitous sales teams.

to Anonymous Oxford, Ohio, United States #934805

Our issues have been clarified and are now satisfactorily resolved.